Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I'll Take My Chances with the Lightning, Or Why Violet Raines Struck My Heart


"I tear the word jubilant out and add it to my collection. Even though I am the exact opposite of jubilant, I can see it's a good word. It sounds like candy, something colorful and sweet you can chew on for a long time."

This is exactly how I feel about Violet, the heroine of Danette Haworth's lovely gem of a novel, Violet Raines Almost Got Struck by Lightning. At times she left me feeling less than jubilant, but for the most part, she was sweet and colorful and I was so glad to have met her. Spunky, snarky, and full of sass, this is one diva I'd love to have as my loyal friend, even if it means taking a chance and knowing a storm or two might come along. This is a fantastic first offering from an author sure to have many more stories to tell. I can only hope that Violet will be in good company!

No comments:

Post a Comment