Monday, August 24, 2009

I Am On Sensory Overload, Or Why Black Has Never Looked So Colorful


I am on a picture book sensory overload these days! The newest blast is a bit surprising (especially after my last post) and comes in the form of The Black Book of Colors by Menena Cottin and Rosana Faria. In this innovative work of genius, the pages are black and appear to have no illustrations. But upon closer inspection, the reader is treated to a raised illustration that is meant to be experienced with the fingertips, as well as white text and braille print for good measure. The book is simple, but in a moment, very powerful. I was instantly captivated by this work, and it definitely left me thinking. I do so love a book that is an experience for all of my senses!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I want one of these! It's as unique as The Grey Lady and the Strawberry Snatcher. Very special. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete